QUICK FACTS ABOUT CROATIAN LANGUAGE:
- Croatian belongs to a group of Slavic languages.
- It has 7 cases. (They are not that difficult to learn. Really! There are certain rules… 😉 )
- Croatian language has a long history – the first written documents in Croatian date back to 11th century.
- Croatian uses a writing system based on the Latin alphabet.
- We use ‘Bok’ to say ‘Hi’ & ‘Bye’.
- Croatia is a small country, but our language is very rich, and people in different regions speak differently – we use different words, different intonation, and people in the south are more loud, people in the north maybe not so much, etc.
If you are a beginner, then start with free self-study materials first (below).
If you already have pre-intermediate knowledge of Croatian, then you’ll find these links useful. They are made for all levels and they are created so that you can learn, speak, study and expand your vocabulary whenever you want to (without a teacher).
The purpose of these texts is to help students sound more natural in Croatian. Understanding of these texts is not necessary. My advice is to go through the words and make a list of new words, but the main purpose of these texts is to listen and repeat, and to practice your pronunciation skills. The link includes written and recorded text (by a native speaker).
Buy Self Study Pack 01 which includes 10 lessons with both text and audio. Price is €5.
FREE! Download the files below and learn Croatian on your own, totally free!
1. Quick introduction to Croatian in 5 lessons!
Click here to Download Basic Croatian words and phrases
2. Learn through listening – practice your pronunciation and learn vocabulary.
Click Here to Download Croatian Listening (Texts)
3. Learn through listening – practice your pronunciation and learn vocabulary.
Click Here to Download Croatian Listening (Texts) 2
4. NEW! Learn through listening – practice your pronunciation and learn vocabulary.
ONLINE VIDEOS, COMMERCIALS… (that you’ll love) 🙂
- An amazing commercial 🙂
- Easy Croatian
- Please check categories section to read more about different parts of Croatia.